[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV on Xbox - praise

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Sat Mar 12 21:26:51 UTC 2005

Aran Cox <spin667 at mchsi.com> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:23:29PM -0800, Nav Jagpal wrote:
>> Thanks for the info; I will try that...
>>
>> As soon as I can get Xebian to boot again!
>>
>> I've had this problem in the past:
>>
>> I get the "http://xbox-linux.sf.net" in the corner, and what looks
>> like a green square near the left side of the screen.. Has anyone seen
>> this? Is there a way to fix this? Xbox seems to freeze at this point.
>>

> I have two xbox units and one never does this.  The other does this
> and the only way I know to fix it is to shut it off and leave it off
> for about ten seconds.  Usually for me it works on the 2nd or 3rd try.
> It's annoying but I just "fixed" it by leaving it on all the time.

There is apparently a problem with certain xboxes and certain versions
ox xebian. I tried 1.1.0 and it always did that to me. I had to boot
mechassault to unlock it. Downgraded to 1.0.3 and it's been
rock-solid. I've read that it's something to do with the video
driver.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571