[mythtv-users] Myth .17 on FC3 - Live TV jerky

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Sat Mar 12 17:59:00 UTC 2005

Kees van Bemmel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded my myth system to FC3 with Myth .17. Did a
> complete new install. Right now, when I want to watch live tv it's
> jerky and stutters every 3 seconds or so. Did the minimum hardware
> specs change from FC2 - myth .16? Or is there something else going on
> (known bug)?
>
> Thanks in advance!

What kernel RPM version are you running?

For me, the 2.6.9 kernel RPMs worked fine. However, as of the 2.6.10
kernel RPMs, I had stuttering. Once I rolled back to a 2.6.9 kernel RPM,
the stuttering went away.

I believe the problem is that the voluntary preemptive kernel patch was
removed from the kernel RPM starting with the 2.6.10 kernel.

I am running the old 681 kernel downloaded from
<http://www.artfiles.org/fedora/updates/3/i386/>.