[mythtv-users] New System Hardware Recommendations

Jean Connelly unksme at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 15:43:15 UTC 2005

Hello,

Here's a more specific question for the learned masses.
I try to be energy efficient by leaving my power-hungry PCs off as
much as possible.  I've been trying to use Wake-On-Lan scripts from my
old Pentium 3 machine to wake my Myth box.  My problem is that the
motherboard on my Myth box has issues with waking successfully.  (It
also has issues with warm boots ... and sometimes cold boots ...) I've
got a ABIT BE7-RAID that was a good value at the time but I've never
been impressed with the booting reliability.

Anybody here had good luck with remote power-on of a P4 motherboard?
Specific recommendations?

Thanks!
Jean