[mythtv-users] Great quality TV-out on a PVR-350?

Patrick at Mythtv mythtv at pdebrabander.nl
Sat Mar 12 07:49:17 UTC 2005

I'm runniong also on FC2 and this are my setting for playback PVR350 [PAL]
on X

Be aware that these are settings for my card in PAL, but can work for you.

Gr.

Patrick

MODPROBE.CONF (only ivtv section)
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
#alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_std=2 tda9887=0
options msp3400 once=1 debug=1 standard=0x03
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c

RC.LOCAL
/sbin/depmod -a
ivtvctl -d /dev/video0 -u 0xff
ivtvctl -d /dev/video0 -p 4
ivtvctl -d /dev/video0 -f width=720,height=576
ivtvctl -j reg=0x6c,val=0xfa -d /dev/video16
ivtvctl -j reg=0x2d,val=0x38 -d /dev/video16
ivtvctl -j reg=0x6c,val=0xfe -d /dev/video0

/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
/sbin/service lircd start

XORG.CONF [PAL-TVOUT]

# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Default Layout"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"

	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"