[mythtv-users] Re: X Focus on DVI - Video hanging

Harry Orenstein holists at v92net.com
Sat Mar 12 04:58:50 UTC 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 3:45 pm, Mike Ryan wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just thought I'd post an update in case anyone finds this and wonders how I
> resolved the problem. Basically, it was simply downloading and installing
> the nvidia linux drivers. They can be found here:
> ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-7167/
>
> Now, just got to work out how to get rid of all that damned overscan...
>
> Cheers
>
> Mike

Oh Jarod!!!!  Your new driver is ready....

Support for GeForce 6200 with TurboCache™ GPUs
Improved OpenGL workstation performance.
Added support for XRandR rotation; see Appendix W in the text README.
Added ExactModeTimingsDVI X config option to give explicit control over the
mode timings used on Flat Panels.
Added Xorg dlloader support.
Changed driver behavior such that PAT (Page Attribute Table) is used where
possible instead of MTRRs.
Added a workaround for an X server bug with PCI-E GeForce 6800 and GeForce
6600; a fix has been provided to XFree86 and XOrg.
Fixed stability problems on x86_64 PCI-E systems.
Fixed 2D rendering corruption on certain older GPUs.
Improved compatibility with Linux 2.6 kernels.
Fixed compatibility problems with some SWIOTLB em64t systems.
Fixed a bug that triggered error messages of the form: "ioctl32
(doom.x86:6747): Unknown cmd fd(16) cmd(c0384642){00} arg(ffffc75c)
on /dev/nvidiactl"
Fixed NvAGP incompatibility with recent Linux 2.6 kernels.
Improved interaction with the udev filesystem.
Improved performance of PCI cards on Linux 2.6 systems.
Updated documentation. Please see the text README file.

-- Harry O.