[mythtv-users] Mythtv and fc3 source code

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Mar 12 01:36:27 UTC 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 16:36, Gregg wrote:
> I have installed mythttv using Jarods guide, and I just purchased a
> PCHDTV 3000, but I can not locate the source files for my disto in the
> apt repositories, in fact I can not find any.  Am I missing something?

Do you have rpm-src lines set up in /etc/apt/sources.list? A line of:

rpm-src http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/3/i386 core updates

Should be the ticket.

>  I am a bit of a newbie so forgive me if it is a dumb question.  The
> distro I am using is  2.6.10-1.737_FC3 .  I downloaded
> linux-2.6.10.tar.bz2, but it does not have a /configure path.

What are you downloading that for? You don't need to recompile a kernel just
for HD-3000 support. If you want to use the dvb driver, you can just install
the linuxtv-dvb-kmdl-`uname -r` packages out of the ATrpms testing tree
(though you'll need to upgrade your kernel to 2.6.10-1.770_FC3). If you want
to flip between dvb and the cx88-atsc driver from pcHDTV, just download their
pcHDTV-2.0 driver tarball. Everything in it compiles against the latest stock
FC3 kernels just fine (I'm testing it w/my HD-2000).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...