[mythtv-users] Question about Video's loading time.

Jay jay at tekkiehaus.com
Fri Mar 11 17:58:57 UTC 2005

I'm having a small issue with the frontend loading the video library.
We have a rather large video collection at my place. 2 File servers. On my frontend I have 4 directories mounted via NFS and 1 mounted via Samba. From the samba mount I symbolically link a few directories to the video root for Myth. So essentially Myth loads 8 networked directories containing a total of just under 15000 videos. From the time I click Videos, to the time it actually loads the videos, it takes about 12 minutes. The network is not slow, 100MB switched. Does Myth re-read every video every time you try to load your library? Or does it create some cache file somewhere that my frontend is not reading/creating for some reason?