[mythtv-users] HELP about TV output

Jim Oltman cnliberal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:23:12 UTC 2005

I have followed Jarod's guide as best i could.  In his guide he says
to setup the XORG.CONF file to have the monitor (TV in my case) use
DPMS.  Then use the xset command to turn off DPMS for your monitor.  I
was having the same issue, and I went into the XORG.CONF file and
commented out (#) the line for DPMS in the MONITOR settings.  It
doesn't go to a blank screen anymore.