[mythtv-users] Lockup with PVR-350

jerome lacoste jerome.lacoste at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:19:16 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:50:14 -0700, Greg Miller
<gregs_lists at millernet.ca> wrote:
> Hi I am running Mythtv-0.17 with Gentoo on a Soyo C3/700 PC with a Nexux-s
> dvb card and a PVR-350. The backend will run for days with no issues. As
> soon as I fire up the frontend through the PVR-350 I get lockups. Some time
> it will run for an hour, sometimes it only runs for a minute.
>
> Has anyone else had this?
>
> Are there any recomended steps to diagnose the problem. I am guessing it is
> related to the framebuffer as the problem only appears while X/Mythfrontend
> is running.
>
> ivtv-osd: Framebuffer module loaded (attached to ivtv card id 0)
> ivtv-osd: Framebuffer is at decoder-relative address 0x00510000 and has
> 1704960 bytes.
> ivtv-osd: screen coords: [0 0] -> [720 480]
> ivtv-osd: original global alpha = 208
> ivtv-osd: current OSD state = 39
> ivtv-osd: new global alpha = 208 (1 255 0)
> ivtv-osd: framebuffer at 0xd5510000, mapped to 0xd9031000, size 1350k
> ivtv-osd: mode is 720x480x32, linelength=2880
> ivtv-osd: fb0: iTVC15 TV out frame buffer device

we are many having problems with the tuner. We are not yet sure where
the problem comes from. Check the mythtv user, ivtv-user and
ivtv-devel lists archives in the past days. They are already threads
on that matter.

There are currently 2 main ideas: DMA problems and power supply.
I currently disabled DMA on my hard disk, and I have 5 hours uptime,
which is one of the best I had in the past week. But I can't see Live
TV correctly because of that... :(

I haven't checked my recordings to far so I don't know if they suffer
from the DMA.