[mythtv-users] How to compile mainserver.cpp?

Joel Anderson bitjunkie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:56:14 UTC 2005

> Hello all,
>
> I'm running KnoppMyth 0.16 and would like to apply the patch to mainserver.cpp which fixes the infamous unreclaimed deleted disk space issue, found here:
>
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/mainserver.cpp?r1=1.155&r2=1.156
>
> Since the patch was only two lines, I manually edited mainserver.cpp.  Then I did the following, which failed miserably:
>
> $ cd /usr/src/r4v5_src/mythtv-0.16/src/mythtv-0.16
> $ ./configure
> Please note that these settings only deal with libavcodec, not MythTV.
> CPU              x86
> Big Endian       no
> MMX enabled      yes
> Vector Builtins  yes
> Creating config.mak and config.h
> config.h is unchanged
> $ qmake mythtv.pro
> $ make
> .
> .
> .
> {standard input}:447: Error: symbol `m_drop_x' is already defined
> {standard input}:453: Error: symbol `m_drop_y' is already defined
> {standard input}:459: Error: symbol `m_force_x' is already defined
> {standard input}:465: Error: symbol `m_force_y' is already defined
> {standard input}:690: Error: symbol `scrollPosition' is already defined
> make[2]: *** [dialogbox.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/r4v5_src/mythtv-0.16/src/mythtv-0.16/libs/libmyth'
> make[1]: *** [sub-libmyth] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/r4v5_src/mythtv-0.16/src/mythtv-0.16/libs'
> make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2
> $
>
> I guess I have two questions:
>
> 1) What did I screw up by doing this?
> 2) What's the right way to do this i.e. recompile mainserver.cpp and rebuild mythbackend?
>
> Thanks,
>    Russell

Actually I just finished doing this myself, thanks to your post with
the link to the changes required.  Mine compiled without a hitch, and
then I simply copied the mythbackend binary over top of the stock 0.16
one in /usr/bin.

IIRC you have the correct process, but I'm sorry to say I don't know
what those errors are caused by.  Are you sure you have all the
prerequisites installed?

--
Joel