[mythtv-users] diseqc 1.2 and hauppauge nova-s?

drbob drbob at gmx.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 14:51:33 UTC 2005

Hello,

The spec sheet for the hauppauge nova-s says that it only supports
diseqc 1.0 - is this a hardware or software limitation? If it's simply
software can mythtv issue diseqc 1.2 commands (such as goto x) through
the nova-s?

(I'm planning to build a myth box with a dvb-s card. My sat dish is
motorised using an old 36v actuator so I'll be putting the moteck vbox
II diseqc to 36v convertor between the dvb-s card and the dish. I
believe this will require diseqc 1.2 as 1.0 only supports lnb switching
and not full motorization)

Thanks in advance for any help.

drbob