[mythtv-users] Re: How to reply to messages in mythtv-users Archives?

Mark Crutch markc at qsiuk.com
Fri Mar 11 10:43:16 UTC 2005

>  Sorry for this rather dumb question, but how do I reply to messages in
> mythtv-users Archives?

Here's my approach using Thunderbird but only using the web interface to
view previous messages:

1) Subscribe to the list
2) Set your preferences so that it doesn't deliver any mails to you.
3) When you find a message you want to reply to in the web archives,
copy the message subject
4) Start a new email to mythtv-users at mythtv.org
5) Paste in the subject line; I prefix it with "Re: ", but I'm not sure
if that's essential
6) Copy any text you want to quote from the web archive
7) Right click in the message in TB and select "Paste As Quotation"
8) Fill out the rest of your reply
9) Send.

This seems to keep things threaded within the web archives, so I presume
it also keeps it together with the rest of the thread for those people
who are receiving the list as emails.

I already have enough trouble keeping up with my inbox from other
mailing lists; at least with this approach I can dip into the archive
when I have time, and when a subject grabs my attention.

Mark

P.S. If this message appears in its own thread on the archive, then I
guess you can ignore everything I've said ;)