[mythtv-users] Fanless graphics card suggestions?

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 11 00:16:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 11:50:28PM +0000, Richard Holroyd wrote:
> My current Geforce 440mx has a very load fan attached. Has anyone
> got any suggestions/recommendations for a relatively cheap
> replacement card that does not require such cooling and is available
> in the UK? I nearly have my myth box down to acceptable noise
> levels! Ah so close.

I just bought a Chaintech SH5200-128-DVI which has no fan.
I know someone with an MSI FX5200-TD-128, which is also fanless.
The Gainward Pro/660 TD/DVI (VGFX5200DTL) is also fanless.

Many NVidia FX5200-class cards are fanless.

Be wary of the newer 128-bit 5200 cards, I think many of those have
fans (at least the eVGA 128-bit 5200 card has one).

It is hard to know which are fanless. Often the manufacturer's
websites only have "reference pictures" (which is how I was
unpleasantly surprised by the eVGA).

--Rob