[mythtv-users] Newbie question about designing a split system

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Thu Mar 10 17:41:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 12:27 -0500, Phil Bridges wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>

> > - The PVR-250 only has S-Video and composite inputs, but I have
> >   cable service.  Is there any way to convert 75-ohm coax input
> >   to composite output?  (Yes, a VCR would work, but I'd need 2 of
> >   them, and would not use the "VCR" part of the VCR...)
> >

> The PVR-250 has a standard coax input for cable or antenna.

http://www.hauppauge.com/html/wintvpvr250_datasheet.htm is a bit
ambiguous on that matter, or I must not be understanding something.

When the web site says "125 channel cable ready TV tuner", are they
implying "coax input jack"?

> > - When I "change the channel" on the frontend, does it send some
> >   sort of a message to the backend, saying "change the channel"?
>
> Yes.

Ah, ok.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Life is pain, Princess. . . anyone who says differently is
selling something."
Westley, The Princess Bride