[mythtv-users] Sleeping system? Monitor blank fc2?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Mar 10 02:47:15 UTC 2005

> While using myth, my monitor goes blank and I cannot get it to come
> alive via mouse of keyboard.
>
> The system appears to be running but I can only reboot to access it.
>
> What do I need to address in linux to stop my monitor from
> sleeping on
> me?

Its either the screen saver setting for your myth user or most likely you
need to disable the dpms setting for your video card. Thats a setting in
your xorg.conf file. The myth docs cover it well.

Either of the above issues will not affect the operation of other services
so you should be able to ssh in and change things and then restart x.
Alt-ctl-backspace should do it from the local keyboard.