[mythtv-users] Sleeping system? Monitor blank fc2?

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Thu Mar 10 02:19:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 17:42 -0800, Jonathan Sass wrote:
> While using myth, my monitor goes blank and I cannot get it to come
> alive via mouse of keyboard.

You likely have another issue other than a screen saver if its
unresponsive.  Applications -> Desktop Prferances -> Advanced
->Screensaver has the power saving options in it for me..

Of course if the screensaver is causing the other issue to act up
then stopping the screensaver maybe enough.

Kde has something similar, and you can probably just enter it in the
xorg.conf file or whatever xserver you have.  Look for an example file
perhaps.

> The system appears to be running but I can only reboot to access it.

Can you ssh in?  Perhaps you can figure out something from there.

> What do I need to address in linux to stop my monitor from sleeping on
> me?

Have you timed it?  Screensavers have fixed timeouts.  Can you keep it
alive by hitting a key every now and then?