[mythtv-users] PVR-250, mythtv overwriting ivtvctl -p 4

Ryan M thetrio at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:58:41 UTC 2005

I've been following this howto on fedora 3
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

When I went through the howto my PVR-250 was working right, and after
I got mythfrontend working I could watch live tv but when I tried to
record something the screen would go black and the sound would cut out
but I could still change channels and even after I canceled the
recording the screen would still be black. I think mythtv uses its
internal settings to overwrite my settings that were done when I was
setting up.

In fact when I use this command
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4
it will work again, but the same thing happens when I try to record.

Any ideas on how to set mythtv to do this (i'm not even sure what it
does) or what else could be going on here?