[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Jeroen Brosens jeroen at fotoniq.nl
Wed Mar 9 19:06:26 UTC 2005

> I gave up after trying *every* combination of driver/cable/modeline/X11
> video output device/eating shoes and decided to buy a nVidia card after
> Staffan Pettersson persuaded me (thank you):
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mythtv-dev@mythtv.org/msg04131.html
>
> The card is due to arrive friday, so I can finally get OpenGL
> vsync+XvMC+bobdeint working.
>
> -- Jeroen

I'd like to add that I'd like to challenge the MythTV dev-people to review
the Xv/XvMC code regarding the handling of vsync while using bobdeint.

One needs hardware with OpenGL support to have a Vsync to get bobdeint
working without going out of sync now and then (horrible jittering occurs)
and that isn't good news for users of a barebone with built-in graphics
that can't support that, like myself (using an ASUS Pundit).

It would wipe out all problems I had to get it working! One lousy bobdeint
filter that just works.

-- Jeroen