[mythtv-users] mythconverg schedule info off one hour

Clarke Pelz cpelz at alaska.net
Wed Mar 9 17:28:43 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 11:57 am, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> Sounds like a daylight savings time problem.  Check that setting in your
> system to make sure it matches what the program schedule is set to.

It sure does.  However we haven't had a time change recently and this did seem
to happen coincident with my upgrade to 0.17.  I'm not sure what you mean
when you say:

> Check that setting in your system to make sure it matches what the
> program schedule is set to.

The computer picks up time from an NTP server at boot, /etc/localtime is set
to America/Anchorage and the computer displays time correctly in Alaska
Standard Time.  It seems system time is correct.  How do I adjust the time
the "program schedule is set to?"

XMLTV time offset is set to none though setting it to +0100 and -0100 and
refilling the database had no effect on the schedule.

this thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/84788?search_string=xmltv%20offset;#84788
indicates that mythfilldatabase relies on the os's timezone setting to convert
from the datadirect UTC times to the local timezone.  Could mythfilltv be
picking tz info from someplace other than the /etc/timezone link (I'm on FC3)

I saw that some thread that I can't find now mentioned adjusting an offset
setting directly in mythconverg (as opposed to resetting program times
program times there)  It was unclear if that was a permanent fix though.

-Clarke.