[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 16:44:07 UTC 2005

Cory,

I've followed your posts on the circuit board that
you've made before - it interested me then, and it
interests me now.

Myself, I'm a software developer, and I've soldered a
grand total of one thing (a custom cable), and that
didn't even quite come out right (mind you, I just
don't have time to practice - it's on my list for
someday though).  As such, the chances of me building
one of these things from the schematics is slim to
none (right now).

Have you given thought to the minimum order that you
require for this, and the cost?  Depending on those
numbers, I'll sign up for one, maybe two (to have one
as a backup).

The no TV-out part until X is no problem for me, since
Fedora will start X fairly early in the boot process
anyway, and I can always hook up S-Video again anyway.

-- Joe

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/45910#45910