[mythtv-users] tv_grab_dvb cron scripts

Jonathan Hart jonhart at imapmail.org
Wed Mar 9 16:31:48 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've just about managed to get 0.17 up and running with a Nova-T
conexant card (backend on Ubuntu Hoary; Front on Mac OSX). I have a few
questions I would like to ask if that's okay:

I've started to use tv_grab_dvb for getting the epg info. Can anyone
give me some direction on creating scripts to get the epg and import it.
Right now I have made these in /etc/cron.daily:

1. tv_grab_dvb.sh (this one hopefully should get the epg)

#!/bin/sh

su mythtv -c "/usr/local/bin/tv_grab_dvb -u -t 35 -s -c
/usr/local/etc/chanidents > /tmp/whatson.xml"

2. mythtv-backend (I altered the original ubuntu script which was just
"su mythtv -c "mythfilldatabase --quiet")

#!/bin/sh

su mythtv -c "mythfilldatabase --quiet --no-delete --file 1 -1
/tmp/whatson.xml"

These seem to work properly from the command line; this is my first try
at scripts.

I'm just learning basic linux stuff and am not sure if I have gone about
this the right way in regards to permissions, and how the scripts
execute etc...

Jon
--
  Jonathan Hart