[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Wed Mar 9 15:01:00 UTC 2005

Stephen Williams wrote:
> Of course, the way to get 'optimal' TV-out from your Nvidia (or other)
> card is not to use it's TV-out facilities at all and build a VGA ->
> SCART converter for SDTVs (see http://www.sput.nl/hardware/tv-x.html
> for example).

Yes, this may be true for those of you who have SCART capability.

Maybe I wasn't totally clear, but my instructions are intended for those
of us in NTSC-land.   SCART isn't an option for us.  I can't see why it
wouldn't also work for PAL, though.   (Now that I've indicated that
800x600 is the way to go)

-WD