[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Mar 9 13:54:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 12:14 +0000, Stephen Williams wrote:
> Of course, the way to get 'optimal' TV-out from your Nvidia (or other)
> card is not to use it's TV-out facilities at all and build a VGA ->
> SCART converter for SDTVs (see http://www.sput.nl/hardware/tv-x.html
> for example).

But my TV does not have a "SCART" connector on it.  I don't think I have
ever seen a TV with a SCART connector.  All I have is the North American
standard connector for cable/antenna, composite, s-video and component.

I do agree with your concept though of treating a TV like a fixed
frequency monitor.

On the issue of hardware encoding and whether it preserves the
interlacing, I do believe the PVR-250 I have in my machine does indeed
preserve the interlacing in the MPEG2 stream it creates.

I do transcode to MPEG4 with Myth though.  Anyone know if that still
preserves the interlaced fields?

b.