[mythtv-users] Plextor PX-TV402U-NA

David myth at dgreaves.com
Wed Mar 9 09:23:53 UTC 2005

Tim Sailer wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 10:17:05PM -0500, Nathan Lutchansky wrote:
>

>>On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 09:31:41PM -0500, Tim Sailer wrote:
>>

>>>OK, I have this device loaded and capturing video with the sample
>>>app. Now the question(s) I have are specific to this device. Do I
>>>find another place to ask them, since they are not mythtv specific,
>>>or is there enough interest here to support a general discussion
>>>about this?
>>>

>>One of the senior Plextor guys and I hang out on the DivX.com forums:
>>
>>http://forums.divx.com/eve/ubb.x/a/frm/f/996105602
>>
>>If you need more specific information or don't feel like registering, feel
>>free to mail questions direct to me.  -Nathan
>>

>I'll sign up. I'm sure I'm not the only one with these questions...
>
>Tim

Nathan, Tim
I suspect there's going to be a growing amount of interest in this bit
of hardware.
(I'm thinking about replacing my slightly crash prone PVR350.)
One key question - is the device's low-level hardware specification
(needed for writing the driver) available to others who might want to
take up the reigns should you, Nathan, move on. I assume so as a driver
is often an expression of the hardware spec in code and since this is a
GPL driver...

Also can I ask you to fill in some relevant bits at the wiki:
  http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/PlextorPX_2dTV402U

David