[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Wed Mar 9 05:11:56 UTC 2005

Will Dormann wrote:
> While the combination of settings I originally posted does give
> excellent results, I've recently discovered that that particular
> combination does not actually do Bob Deinterlacing.

Ok, I'm very close to getting this right!

For those of you running MythTV 0.17, I think the only thing you'll want
to change is the resolution.   Rather than using the "coryntsci"
resolution, try "800x600".  This fixes the bob "vertical resolution"
problem I was seeing.

For those of you running MythTV 0.16, try applying this patch first:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/87191
This fixes the problem with Bob and XvMC not displaying the second field.
Also change the resolution to "800x600" to fix the video resolution problem.

Note that 0.16 plus the above patch will result in a flickering (nearly
unusable) OSD.  I'll have to figure out what other change between then
and 0.17 fixes that.

But the end result is:

- Double Frame Frame Rate
- No Interlacing artifacts
- Very low CPU usage
- Proper Vsync

Add all of those up, and I'd say it's close to perfect!

--
-WD