[mythtv-users] Multiple Watch Directories

Jason Knisley knisleyjw at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 22:31:46 UTC 2005

I like the idea of recording groups, but the last time
that I proposed multiple recording directories, people
poo-poo'd it and said I should use LVM.

Personally, I detest the idea of software RAID for
anything. I've been recording to a SCSI RAID 5+Parity
and it's nice, but it runs out of space at about 80gb.
It's not really enough for long-term storage of some
things that I want to keep and frankly it would just
defeat the purpose of using SCSI RAID.

I was just trying to propose and idea in ten lines or
less because, just a few months ago, people were
acting as though it was highly specialized or
something. I'd personally love to see storage groups
(I know from experience that BeyondTV does it). It
seems like just a really good idea and a way to keep
either series seperate or to just keep disk archives
spanned easily without having to do this silly JBOD
thing.

It's good to hear someone else wants what I've been
wanting. :)

THanks,
Jason