[mythtv-users] Radeon 9200se, Gentoo, xv, and TVout

Phill Wiggin wigginp at mantech-wva.com
Tue Mar 8 19:23:53 UTC 2005

I'm installing a new pc-based frontend (have 2 xbox-frontends now) using
Gentoo and a Radeon 9200se.  I've searched this mailinglist as well as
some ati and gentoo boards.  I've got the machine up and running but am
having a couple of problems I'm hoping someone can help me with.  (I'm
more than happy with either detailed help or links to other places, thanks!)

First off, I'm using xorg-x11-6.8.2-r1. I've tried ati-drivers-8.10.19
(and ati-drivers-extra) as well as the radeon driver that comes with
xorg. using the radeon driver, I get xv working, but no tv-out.  When I
switch to the fglrx driver, I can get tv-out working, but xv doesn't
work. xvinfo displays:

X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen#0
no adaptors present

I've tried the Option "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" "yes", but fglrx ignores
that line.

Also, when fglrx displays tv-out (no xv), the top 1/5 of the screen is
bent to the right.  (Looks like it needs the screen adjusted.)

So, in short, I'm looking for a good walkthrough on installing the
9200se w/ xv support on Gentoo, or some helpful hints on what I might be
doing wrong.

I've got all the logs and can attach them, but if someone knows of a
walkthrough, I'd rather not clutter up the list with a ton of xorg.conf
and Xorg.0.log files. :)

Thanks in advance,

Phill W.