[mythtv-users] $30 FX5200 at CompUSA

Michael S. Keller samsara at tulsaconnect.com
Tue Mar 8 17:23:46 UTC 2005

> Do any of you have experience with this brand? Any pros or cons? Is it
> passively cooled, or does it have its own fan?
>
> I am assembling my first Myth box. At the moment my plan is to park a desktop
> PC in an existing closet behind the media center, so noise is not a big
> factor right now. But reliability is, so the fewer fans the better. And
> someday I might want to build a separate frontend. . . .

My MadDog FX5200 has a fan. It's pretty quiet compared with the CPU and
power supply fans.

I bought mine on a rebate from CompUSA. MadDog took far longer than the
promised time to pay on the rebate, so I advise against buying a MadDog
card if a rebate is required to get the advertised price.

-Michael