[mythtv-users] jarod's guide FC3 / Myth 0.17 IVTV doesn't load automatically after reboot

Rei Toi rei_toi at walkingmountain.com
Tue Mar 8 17:00:28 UTC 2005

Hi Kees,

FWIW, I had the same issue until I completed the entire setup in Jarod's
guide:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/

I had to do my setup over several sessions and I shut down the system
along the way.  When I would restart the system during this period I had
the same problem.

Once all of the changes/adds that Jarod specified were made to
/etc/modprobe.conf it started working like a charm, especially this
addition in the section on "Using the IR port on a PVR-x50":

"Add this line to the bottom of modprobe.conf, which should ensure ivtv
is loaded before lirc_i2c, so we can access the i2c bus on the ivtv card:"

install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c

HTH

-Rei.