[mythtv-users] mythconverg schedule info off one hour

Clarke Pelz cpelz at alaska.net
Tue Mar 8 16:37:43 UTC 2005

I hope someone can help with this irritating problem.  Since upgrading to 0.17
my program schedule listings are one hour early.  I've gone to zap2it.com and
the listings show correctly there.

I have:
Run mythtvsetup deleting my channel setup,
Set XMLTV time offset to none (I've also tried +0100 and -0100 with
     no differences),
Set up my video sources and connect them to the tuner,
Exit mythtvset up and run mythfilldatabase

the output of mythfilldatabase said in part:
> Grab complete.  Actual data from Tue Mar 8 09:00:00 2005 to Wed Mar 9
09:00:00 2005 (UTC)
> Clearing data for source...
> Clearing from Mon Mar 7 23:00:00 2005 to Tue Mar 8 23:00:00 2005 (localtime)

This seems to indicate that mythfilldatabase believes the local to UTC offset
is -10 hrs where it is actually -9.  The computer picks uptime from an NTP
server at boot, /etc/localtime is set to America/Anchorage and the hardware
clock at boot reads local time.

# /sbin/hwclock
Tue 08 Mar 2005 07:31:14 AM AKST  -0.323030 seconds
# date
Tue Mar  8 07:31:19 AKST 2005

Any ideas why mythfilldatabase uses a -10hr UTC/localtime offset and how I can
get it to use a -9hr offset?  Remember the XMLTV offset in mythsetup doesn't
seem to work and I'd like to keep running my computer on local time.

Thanks.

-Clarke.