[mythtv-users] Remote mythweb

Shawn Asmussen shawn.asmussen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:08:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:48:17 -0500, Bryan Halter
<bhalter at armyofpenguins.com> wrote:
> Will Dormann wrote:
>
> > Bryan Halter wrote:
> >
> >> I'm running mythweb on a remote machine (not the masted backend),
> >> when I delete a program through mythweb it crashes the master
> >> backend.  Any suggestions?
> >

> > Are you running 0.17?
> > Did 0.16 have the same problem?
> >

> > -WD

> Yes I'm running .17, I didn't run it this way with .16 and .17 functions
> correctly if I run it on the master backend.
>
> --

A lot of people seem to be having this problem with .17. I don't think
it has anything to do with the fact that you're running mythweb on a
separate box. I'm running it that way also, and didn't have this
problem under .16. However, .17 crashes so frequently when I try to
delete programs under mythweb, that I've stopped using mythweb
altogether just to be on the safe side. I'm hoping that when they
figure it out, Isaac releases a .17.1, because this seems like a
fairly serious issue. If not, I may end up upgrading to CVS when I
hear that the problem is fixed instead of waiting for .18.

Shawn Asmussen