[mythtv-users] Re: very serious A/V sync issues -0.16 works well

Jit V jit_v1 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 09:25:09 UTC 2005

I'm experiencing a similar issue when watching either live tv or a recording
through mythtv. Although I've been having the same problem with 0.16 and
0.17 - can't comment on versions before, since I started out using 0.16.

I can also confirm that the problem only occurs when I use OSS drivers (the
nvidia one), although if I use the open source ALSA drivers there's no
problem. I have a Shuttle SN41G2V2 with nforce2 integrated sound.

I'm using a DVB card so I'm fairly sure that this is an issue with mythtv -
since mplayer can play the resulting nuv files perfectly, using either OSS
or ALSA drivers.

It would be nice to be able to use the OSS drivers, since they provide
hardware mixing and also set the spdif control bits appropriately to be able
to get AC3 passthrough working. But for the time being I'm quite happy using
the ALSA drivers... and nvidia have mentioned that they'll eventually get
around to making some ALSA drivers.

Thanks