[mythtv-users] Re: apt-get vs cvs compile

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Mar 8 08:53:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 08:17:18PM -0800, Karm may wrote:
> I like apt-get because it quick and easy.  But there
> seems like after a MythTV release there are patches to
> fix issues.   So I am thinking about pulling from CVS
> and compiling Mythtv.
>
> The problem and the question that I have is how do you
> know/get the patches for the latest release?
>
> For instance lets say I want all the patches for just
> MythTV 0.17 and not some code changes for the next
> release.  How do I get just the patches?

That would require special treatment like a CVS branch for
0.17.1. Currently CVS cannot know which changes are for what
reason. You need to either follow the mythtv-commit messages and judge
for yourself or ask about specific patches/problems.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net