[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.17, Fedora Core 3

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Mar 8 02:14:44 UTC 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 17:59, Jay wrote:
> The reason this is happening is most likely the same reason it happened to
> me. Make sure your using MPEG2 of course, as RTjpeg is wrong, but the other
> part of your issue is most likely this:
>
> Mythbackend is starting before modprobe ivtv finishes.
>
> Reboot your backend. Once its completely done starting up, exit your
> frontend (if it is loaded). Restart mythbackend. Now try to watch live TV.
> This probably will fix it. I have to restart mythbackend by hand everytime
> my backend server reboots, I haven't found any real way to fix this, but
> the restarting mythbackend makes it work. Let us know if this fixes it for
> you, I've already talked a few others with FC3/0.17 and they had the same
> issue.

I have a patch for rc.sysinit that loads the ivtv drivers really early in the
boot process (right after udev starts up), long before the backend starts up.
If that's the problem, Chuck, definitely apply the rc.sysinit patch mentioned
in my doc. Jay, sounds like you might want to try it as well.

[...]

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com