[mythtv-users] Re: very serious A/V sync issues

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Mar 7 17:51:51 UTC 2005

> I'm having a similar issue.  What happens is that I'll make a cutlist
> based on the commercial detection.  Then, I'll transcode (although I'm
> not sure it would matter if I didn't).  When I play the recording,
> everything is great until I hit the cutlist.  The video directly after
> the cut plays slow for about 2-3 seconds yet the audio doesn't.  Then

This is fixed in current CVS.  It was an interaction between the new A/V
sync code and the fact that the transcoder wasn't offsetting the timestamps
after the cutpoints.  The timestamps would jump at every cutpoint and the
A/V sync code would think that sync was off and would slow down the
video trying to get them back in sync.  Current CVS should not have this
issue as timestamps are now offset correctly so they are continuous
throughout the recording and don't jump at each cutpoint.

--

Chris