[mythtv-users] Firewire for recording and channel changing

Nathan Poznick kraken at wang-fu.org
Mon Mar 7 16:16:07 UTC 2005

Thus spake Peter Judge:
> Hi,
>
> As of 0.17, I can record from a STB via firewire. I can also change
> channels on my STB via firewire. Can I do both contemporaneously?

If you're asking if MythTV (using the 6200ch program in the contrib
directory) can change the channels via firewire before it records, then
yes.  If you manually change the channel on your STB while Myth is
recording, then you will end up with a recording which changes channels
in the middle.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken at wang-fu.org>

"Sister, that dress is headed for trouble and it's taking you with it."
-Crow. #316