[mythtv-users] 1hr show == 66 minutes?

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Mar 7 13:40:31 UTC 2005

Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> Andy Rabin [andy.rabin at gmail.com] wrote:
>
>>I've been seeing this as well.  I did a search on the forum, and found
>>similar problems that seemed to be fixed by doing an error check on
>>the mythconverg database, and then re-commercial flagging the shows.
>>After doing all that, my problem did not go away, so I'm very curious
>>to see what may fix this, as it has essentially broken the commercial
>>flagging.  BTW, I get variation now anywhere from 30 min to 1 1/2 hrs
>>for a 1 hr show.
>

> Its nice to know I'm not alone.  Maybe the problem only strikes people
> named "Andrew" ;)
>
> Are you also running an air2pc?  Or are you recording from some other
> source?  My errors seem to be a fairly consistent at either 10% too
> small, or 10% too large.  Never as much as yours.
>
> Hoping it was a database issue, I rebuilt from a more recent CVS (the
> old build I had been running was just after the commit in late
> Feb. which "invisibly" changed how myth does database connections).
> A show recorded and flagged after my rebuild was still off by 10%.
>
> If you figure this out, please let me know.  I'll do the same for you..
>
> Drew

I noticed a problem like this when I first started recording HD shows. I
think it may be related to myth using the framerate / total frames to
determine the length of the show. My HD shows have the actual show
recorded at 24fps and the commercials at 30fps and based on that the
show length would be calculated wrong. I think my shows were coming in
around 53 minutes.

- James