[mythtv-users] UK DVB-T card recommendations

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 13:19:36 UTC 2005

I'm looking at building myself a Myth box.  I'm aiming to have a couple
of DVB-T cards in there as the main sources, and probably another
analogue input card (we have a Sky box so its likely to be hooked to
there with maybe a short term attachment to a VCR whilst any required
tapes are transcoded).

The analogue card seems to be pretty much a no-brainer - Hauppauge PVR-
[23]30.

I'd like recommendations on DVB-T cards that work well with Myth for
UK/Freeview service.  I'm aware of:-
      * Hauppauge NOVA-T PCI cards (look like these are around £60)
      * Pinnacle Mediacenter 300i (also has analogue in but presumably
        without MPEG encoding - this would save me a card slot).  What
        appears to be an OEM version of this can be found for under £60.
      * Avermedia DVB-T (has a svideo in as well - not sure what that
        can do).  Again around £60.
      * Vision Plus Digital TV PCI Tuner Card - looks like this is
        around £50

Any comments on best or cards worth avoiding would be very helpful.

I'm initially looking at getting just one to trial in my existing box -
basically its to persuade the wife to go with this :-)
Working out the final hardware spec of the final box comes later.

Cheers
	Nigel.