[mythtv-users] Re: Should front end & backend releases match exactly?

cythraul cythrault at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 02:59:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

Like I've mentioned in another thread, I'm running the backend just
prior to the DVB updates (~2x Jan 2005) while the frontend is from
this morning cvs.

Everything *seems* to be running fine except for rescheduling. The
frontend cannot call the old reschedule function but it is still
possible to schedule. It's not a problem for me as I do my scheduling
from a recent mythweb cvs where mythbackend.php is modified to use the
old reschedule method.

If this is your case, check the archive and search for "function
backend_notify_changes".

But as David mentions, it is not recommended and I do not recommend it
as other stuff may be broken. :)

Good day,
cyth