[mythtv-users] [slightly OT] vendor endorsement [mythic.tv]

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 21:44:59 UTC 2005

I've only just started participating on this mailing list, so I
realize my credibility is near-zero, but I just have to say I had a
very positive experience ordering from mythic.tv (an online store that
carries a bunch of HTPC- and Myth-related stuff) -- http://mythic.tv/

I had some snafus with PayPal and my credit card that essentially left
me with three half-completed shopping carts, with no way on neither
the mythic.tv nor PayPal websites for me to cancel the transaction or
otherwise recover and start over.

I received an e-mail within minutes, stating that they noticed I had
left behind a few incomplete shopping carts, and a phone number I
could use to contact them. ("Sure, they want me to buy something, of
course they want to help.") I had their customer service on the phone
(today is Sunday) with zero hold time. The rep said he said he was
busy with another customer and asked if he could call me back. Lo and
behold, I actually got a call back (instead of just being placed on
hold like usually happens)! Everything got cleared up within minutes.

It didn't hurt that they also had the best price for the things I was
looking for (free shipping, yay!). Among other things, they carry the
Audio Authority 9A60 converter, and the HD-3000 and Air2PC cards. I
should conclude by saying that I am otherwise completely unaffiliated
with mythic.tv or StormLogic or any of their entities, not making any
commissions, etc., etc.; I'm just an extremely satisfied customer,
hopefully on my way to being an extremely satisfied MythTV user :).

My $0.02,
--Rob