[mythtv-users] timestretch results in chipmunk sound

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:52:41 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:46:32 -0600, Jeff Simpson <llcooljeff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what everyone means by "chipmunks". If it's referring to
> how all the voices sound higher in pitch, its normal - When you play
> audio faster, it's going to sound like that due to the frequency
> shift. Just like how when you play it at 0.5X it's going to sound like
> it's being acted by James Earl Jones.

The timestretch feature of .17 is supposed to elimate the chipmunk
sound and make it sound normal.  I am not sure how the developers
accomplished, but it is brilliant when it works.  I have seen and
heard it working on my FC1 system.  This is the one thing that has not
worked properly after the upgrade to FC2, in other words, I have
chipmunks.