[mythtv-users] [Opinion] FC3 really sucks for mythtv use

Ken Mink kmmyth at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 18:55:31 UTC 2005

I'm going to have to agree here. I'm a long time Linux user. It's been
my main desktop since '95. And that was my problem. I thought I could
just skim through the instructions and go because I knew what I was
doing. WRONG. Two installation failures and I tucked my ego in my back
packet. I then took it slow and read and followed the FC3 instructions
very carefully. I now have a FC3 MythTV box that runs great.

Currently MythTV is a tough install. The instructions are good, but
you have to read them and follow them.

Ken