[mythtv-users] Low End MythTV

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 17:00:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

I recently gave a briefing on building a KnoppMyth
HTPC to the local Dayton Linux SIG and one of the main
questions was on converting old PCs into HTPCs.

Curiousity got the best of me so I built a low end
MythTV system (P2 266 CPU) as an experiement.  I
thought it worked out pretty good for an essentially
"free" computer.  I thought others might be interested
so I started a webpage to gather some of the lessons
learned along the way.

There are links to other "low end" MythTV projects
included and a discussion of my project.  I'd like to
include other peoples low end MythTV projects so reply
here or send me a message offline.

http://www.dma.org/day-mug/lowrider.shtml

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch