[mythtv-users] Roku?

Scott Matheson smatheson at mac.com
Sun Mar 6 16:20:48 UTC 2005

I have yet to get my Air2PC working in the Myth box, so I can't test a
myth-captured HD stream, but the EFF test clip stored on my powerbook
plays flawlessly on the Roku - at 1080i+5.1 with no futzing... (I won't
swear to the 1080i, but it sure looks as good or better than anything
from my SA2650 cable box. I'm running the 2.0.10 beta Roku software on
a vanilla 100bT switched wired network). I too would love to use this
$300 box as an additional lightweight frontend -- it's is 100% silent
and tiny (similar in volume to mac mini but standard 1RU form factor -
"rack ears available"). It is also somewhat expandable using CF cards
for swap space, though I'm not sure what the memory/bus bandwidth
issues with that might be. One of my favorite 3rd party apps for the
Roku box is a shoutcast stream tuner. It also has a myth-like weather
app.

Scott
(not a coder but a willing tester)