[mythtv-users] reccomendations for wireless PCI nic

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 03:22:59 UTC 2005

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:50:16 -0700, Keith Olsen <detchbung at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Looking around I found a few resources for wirelss under Linux, but they seem to refer to cards that are no longer marketed....
>
> anybody have a reccomendations for something currently available with good support under linux?
>
> Thanks!

I'm using the D-Link AirPlusG DWL-510, with ndiswrapper, it works
great. I've seen some posts about having to remove a module from the
stock FC3 kernel, 4kstacks or something, but I didn't notice this
until after I had already installed the card.
I'm sure there are probably other/better supported cards that don't
require the use of ndiswrapper, but I picked up the router and a
PCMCIA card for $12 AR. So I just bought two of the PCI cards on ebay
to match.

I think the reason these were so cheap is because DLink is now selling
a Wireless router that uses an OpenSource OS. But your question was
about the PCI cards, and I can verify that mine is working very well.

Garry