[mythtv-users] FC3 really sucks for mythtv use

Terry Griffin griffint at pobox.com
Sun Mar 6 01:12:10 UTC 2005

On Saturday 05 March 2005 3:49 pm, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 05 March 2005 14:55, James Emmrich wrote:
> > I'll add my comment,
>
> All I know is I can get a fully functional FC3/MythTV system from
> bare metal in under 2 hours now. :-)
>
> > jarods howto is pretty good, a bit tough to follow as he supports a
> > few cards and configs
>
> Uh, but you can now collapse the bulk of the sections that are
> irrelevant to your hardware, so what is tough to follow now?
>
> > (it would be awesome if it was a wiki style)
>
> How so? I'm always open to suggestions, but I had it in a wiki a
> while back, and absolutely hated it, for a number of reasons.

For what it's worth as another data point, I could never get 0.16
to work with FC3. Setting it up on FC2 was no problem. With 0.17
things got much better so that installing on FC3 is now no more
difficult than FC2, at least for the case of my bttv-based NTSC
card.

With my HD3000 however it's another story. I had the driver-level
part worked out once with pcHDTV drivers and a 2.6.9 kernel, but
MythTV wouldn't work with that. I got as far is getting one channel
up in MythTV, but changing channels brought it back down.

Now I'm trying the DVB route with 2.6.11. No luck so far. I'm stuck
more or less at the same spot as Sean in the "HD3000 FC3 Install Guide"
thread.

Terry