[mythtv-users] HD3000 FC3 Install guide

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 22:32:34 UTC 2005

[snip]
> mediaserver kernel: or51132: Waiting for firmware
> upload(dvb-fe-or51132-vsb.fw)...
> mediaserver kernel: or51132: Version: 10001134-19430000 (113-4-194-3)
> mediaserver kernel: or51132: Firmware upload complete.
>
> Perhaps mythtvsetup doesn't load the firmware? Is there a way to load
> firmware directly?
>
> I did try mythtvsetup after running azap, thinking maybe the firmware
> drivers stayed loaded. Maybe they did stay loaded or they didn't, but the
> same error message from mythtvsetup - and no log entries.

so you are still getting:

Card Name:  Could not get card info for card #0!
Card Type:    No such file or directory

I thought this was related to the firmware not being loaded but now
I'm not so sure, this is getting out of my realm of knowledge, perhaps
the dev list could lend more information about that error.  I was
having problems with the pcHDTV drivers and Myth, due to some
reception issues I have I really needed to record in TS mode instead
of PS mode... which is only available with the DVB drivers in Myth ..

Good luck,
Eric