[mythtv-users] AMD64 FC3 MythTV 0.17 installation

Mike Ryan mythtv at redmar.com
Sat Mar 5 22:18:08 UTC 2005

Ian

Thanks for that - seemed to move me a little bit further. I now have all the
latest packages installed and am running from the stock Fedora kernel.

However, apt-get still complains about an insane number of unmet dependencies if
I try apt-get install mythtv-suite, so I didn't pursue that line.

I also tried yum install mythtv-suite. This came up with a number of messages
about "Processing Dependencies" (which I think is normal), but then craps out
with:
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: qt-MySQL is needed by package libmyth
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Term::ReadKey) >= 2.14 is needed by package
perl-Term-ProgressBar
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Term::ReadKey) is needed by package perl-XMLTV
Error: Missing Dependency: kakasi-dict is needed by package perl-Text-Kakasi
Error: Missing Dependency: libkakasi.so.2()(64bit) is needed by package
perl-Text-Kakasi

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

Mike