AW: [mythtv-users] [DESPARATE] Is anyone using an ATI TVout with Xorg6.8?

Bene Martin martin.bene at icomedias.com
Sat Mar 5 19:12:20 UTC 2005

> Well, come along 9.2, and now we've got Xorg 6.8.1, instead.
>
> And there are two ATI driver releases for it: 8.8.25 and 8.10.19.
>
> Both give me the Big Blue Band.
>
> I'm about to rip Xorg out by the roots, and go back to the 4.3.99 that
> was in 9.1 (which will not be especially pleasant), unless anyone has
> the magic bullet.  I'll listen happily to suggestions, but I'd really
> like to hear "Sure; I'm doing this: here's my config file".  :-)

Ok, here you are:

Sure, I'm doing this (just watching Return of the King right now :-)),
ATI 9200SE Graphics Card.

Driver: I'm using the open source gatos drivers, not ati binaries; the
binaries at http://mabene.icomedias.com/gatos-stuff/ should work for
6.8.1 as well as for 6.8.0.

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "ATI Radeon 9200 SE"