[mythtv-users] EPIA + mythtv can my hardware cope with both front and back end?

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sat Mar 5 19:02:55 UTC 2005

Op vrijdag 04 maart 2005 12:36, schreef jerome lacoste:

> - VIA EPIA M (nehemiah core)  board
> - a Terratec Cinergy 600 TV (saa7134 driver)
> <snip>
> I have no problem watching TV (xawtv / tvtime) but mythbackend goes
> 95% when watching live TV.

I'm sorry but what is your recording resolution? I don't think that hardware
will pull the default 480x480 even in RTJPEG mode. The Cinergy 600 needs
software encoding (unless I'm doing something really wrong). The VIA Nehemiah
isn't all that fast, it will probably only work with some hardware encoder
like the Hauppauge PVR-x50 series.

	Henk Poley <><